Joint Usage Education Centers

Where to apply and submission documents

* Open exercises in 2023 could be canceled or postponed due to the Coronavirus outbreak. (1 April)

Submission documents

There are six documents (1) – (3) total to be submitted.
Those who want to participate in open exercises must apply through the administrative office (faculty office) at their respective universities.

Please refer to the following notes and supplementary materials when preparing the documents to be submitted.

(1)Special Student Audit Request for Classes

Please use Japanese version of “Acceptance_Request”, because it is used for the communication between administrative offices of your and our universities. You can check what is written by reading the English version as a reference.

(2)Application for Credits for Compatible Subjects

(3)Both 1 and 2 should be submitted. (※a copy of the receipt is acceptable)
 1. Student education and research accident insurance enrollment certificate (Gakkensai)
 2. Insurance for accidents involving third parties or their property enrollment certificate (Course A: Gakkensai)
※Documentation certifying enrollment for other insurance coverage for experiments and exercises is acceptable,
as long as the coverage is equivalent to 1 and 2. In that case, please directly contact us by e-mail using the contact information below.
Mountain Science Center

Safety Management Survey

Students who are accepted to participate in any Open Exercises should prepare the following forms.

※Submission instructions will be provided to those who are accepted to participate in any Open Exercises only.

Where to apply

University of Tsukuba Life and Environmental Area Student Affairs Support Office
1-1-1 Tennodai, Tsukuba-shi, Ibaraki-ken 305-8577

Inquiries about Open exercises

  • Mountain Science Center
  • Laboratory for Environmental Disaster Prevention Research 101, University of Tsukuba
  • 1-1-1 Tennodai, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305-8577, Japan